Myra got her chili cheese bomb recipe from this website:
Although she modified it a bit. Here’s her own take on the chili cheese bomb or chili dynamite stick recipe:
16 pieces siling haba
180 grams Kraft Eden cheddar cheese
Jolly Canola oil (for deep frying)
16-pieces Lumpia wrappers
Finello grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
Extra virgin coconut oil
The steps to making the chili cheese bomb are followed according to the blog’s instructions.
But for documentation, here’s how she did it:
1. Slice each of the siling haba lengthwise and remove the seeds (if you want to make it extra spicy, keep the seeds – but I warn you, they could get very spicy).
2. Slice the cheddar cheese into 16 pieces.
3. Stuff each cheese slice into each of the 16 siling haba. You can also mix in some mozzarella cheese if you want to make it super cheesy.
4. Wrap each chili with lumpia wrapper. Make sure to brush them with a bit of coconut oil before deep-frying.
5. Heat a frying pan with enough canola oil for deep frying. Use medium heat.
6. Once oil is hot enough, deep fry each of the chili cheese sticks for two minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella (this is optional).
7. Serve all 16 pieces immediately.
For the dip, just mix ketchup and mayonnaise or you can serve each as individual dips.
As you can see, there’s not much difference in the process used by Myra and the process used in the blog. You can experiment and use a different kind of dip (sandwich spread works just as well) or you can modify the kind of cheese you put in. You can even keep the seeds in the chili if you want.
This is very easy to make and is very convenient when cooking at home and you need a quick, fun snack.