I came up with this recipe for my brother’s birthday. It’s very easy to make and only takes a few minutes.
8 slices sandwich bread
180g Quickmelt cheese or mozzarella cheese, sliced into 16 pieces
1 can of bell mushrooms
3 cloves of garlic, diced
2 tbsps Extra Virgin coconut oil
1. Heat the extra virgin coconut oil on a frying pan.
2. Once oil is heated, sauté the garlic on the frying pan for 1 minute.
3. Heat the mozzarella cheese or quickmelt cheese on the frying pan. Align all 16 slices in the center of the frying pan in a crisscross formation. You can add a pinch of pepper on the cheese if you’d like. Cover the frying pan for three minutes.
3. Drain the water from the canned mushrooms and pour the mushrooms over the heated cheese. Let the mushrooms set in the cheese by leaving the pan in the heat for around 7 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese bubbles up.
4. While the cheese is melting, apply margarine/butter on one side of each sandwich bread. You’ll have eight slices of bread with butter/margarine on one side.
5. Preheat the oven so that it would be enough to toast bread. Place the sandwich with butter/margarine side down.
6. Apply the cheese-mushroom-garlic batter on the upper side of the sliced bread. This would be the side with no margarine/butter. You can top each sandwich with another sandwich slice.
7. Cook the sandwich for 3 minutes.